Policies & Procedures
Home Policies & Procedures
The following policies have the full support of the board and senior management.
We believe they are an important part of our relationship with our customers, suppliers, regulatory bodies and the general public.
Please select a policy statement from the links below:
- Adverse Weather Policy
- This policy summarises the Company’s procedures and outline employees’ responsibilities for attendance at work during severe weather conditions or when there are problems on public transport as a result of severe weather.
- Alcohol & Drugs Policy
- This policy has been drawn up after consultation with employee/trade union representatives. It has the full support of the Company’s senior management. It’s operation and effectiveness will be kept under regular review. The policy is intended as guidance for management and employees.
- Anti Bribery & Corruption Policy
- The purpose of this document is help the company carry out its business in an ethical manner and specifically to comply with the requirements of the Bribery Act 2010 by setting out a clear anti-bribery policy.
- Bereavement, Compassionate & Domestic Emergency Leave Policy
- This policy applies to all full and part time employees of Durham Foundry (Sheffield) Ltd and is designed to provide a framework for the granting of bereavement, compassionate and domestic emergency leave. It does not confer any contractual entitlement, and the company may at any time.
- Contractor Selection, Health & Safety & Monitoring Policy
- The Company has a duty to ensure that all contractors carrying out construction, maintenance or cleaning work on site do so safely and without risk to themselves and the companies employees and others who they may come across on site or during the work being carried out.
- Dignity at Work Policy
- The Company is committed to creating a harmonious working environment, which is free from harassment and bullying and in which every employee is treated with respect and dignity. It is committed to ensuring that individuals do not feel apprehensive because of their religious belief…
- Energy Policy
- Durham Foundry (Sheffield) Ltd is a jobbing iron foundry supplying iron castings to the engineering, decorative and architectural markets in grey, ductile and alloy irons up to 1,000kg. As part of our environmental strategy, we are committed to responsible energy management and will practice energy efficiency throughout all our premises…
- Environmental Policy
- We believe we have a responsibility to protect the environment. We also believe that good environmental management can improve our performance and the service we give to our customers. We are therefore committed to the following principles.
- Equality Policy
- Accordingly, management will ensure that recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion procedures result in no job applicant or employee receiving less favorable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
- Fire Safety Policy
- The Company has a vested interest in maintaining the Health, Safety and Welfare of employees and other persons in the premises and as part of this Fire Safety shall be maintained at as high a level as is reasonably achievable. Any person with managerial or supervisory responsibilities shall take due note…
- Health & Safety Policy
- It is the safety policy of the company to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the health and safety of all employees and persons working on the premises, and to prevent any damage to both company and personal equipment or property.
- Manual Handling Policy
- The company recognises that work related musculo-skeletal injuries from manual handling can affect all employees. It will take all reasonable steps to reduce, and will have the aim of eliminating, these injuries and will make diligent attempts to avoid putting employees at risk.
- Legionella Policy
- The Company recognises that as an employer it has a legal duty to monitor and control its water systems so that the Legionella bacteria cannot grow. This is particularly important for anyone with a compromised immune system.
- Purchasing Policy
- This policy aims to provide a framework within which goods and services are purchased to give the best value for money to the company. This strategy will also include considerations such the environmental impact and health and safety considerations of different suppliers, using alternative products…
- Stress at Work Policy
- The Company recognises that as an employer it has a legal, economic and ethical responsibility with regard to the management of health and safety in the workplace under Section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Need help with your casting project?
Let’s arrange a no-obligation chat about the best way to getting started.
Or Call 0114 249 4977
Free Casting Guide
Need your castings manufactured and delivered on time and to budget?
Discover how in our FREE Castings Guide.